CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 3

Letting go

I think life is constantly a battle of letting go. Whether it is for yourself, family or God it seems we are often asked to let go in some way. Tonight I had a big letting go moment! In the morning Jayda will be starting preschool. We've all been very excited for this day as it brings with it new friends, experiences and growth. However, because we live in BC the preschool requires that we put together an earthquake kit in case a natural disaster occurs while our peanut is in their care. The reality of giving over the life of my child hit while I wrote a letter to Jayda that will be included in the kit. This letter would be read to her to remind her that mommy and daddy love her and are doing everything they can to get her home safe. I also had to include a favourite toy, family photo, along with food and water to last 3 days, clothing, a blanket and toiletries. Wow! There are way too many 'what if's' in life so I can't even allow myself to think about her being trapped somewhere without Andrew or I, yet, I need to prepare for the event in case it should happen. Here is to letting go and giving complete control over to God as He watches over my children. A great reminder that I actually never have control and He always should be given the wheel.

4 Notes of love:

Natasha said...

The whole earthquake kit is crazy! I had no idea you'd have to do something like that when you send her off to school. How often is she going to school?

tk said...

I know how you feel. I sent Keira to preschool once a week for 3 months. The first day she just up and left and didn't look back. I however needed a momment because I knew that the time had started where I would have to learn to let go and not her.
Even though it is hard to think of them growing up an learning without us, it's great to know that there are blessed people out there with gifts for teaching and helping them grow into who they will be.

Grandma Linda said...

It is so hard to believe that Jayda is old enough to go to pre-school, although she seems totally ready to go. She is so grown up for her age. We really noticed this during the kids visit to Toba in December. She does remind me of you Kristin-you loved pre-school (and didn't look back either)...the letting go is so true - it never really stops for the parent, it just changes as kids become adults.

Grandma Linda said...

It is so hard to believe that Jayda is old enough to go to pre-school, although she seems totally ready to go. She is so grown up for her age. We really noticed this during the kids visit to Toba in December. She does remind me of you Kristin-you loved pre-school (and didn't look back either)...the letting go is so true - it never really stops for the parent, it just changes as kids become adults.