A week ago we returned from a lovely trip to my old stomping grounds. It was another great trip of visiting family and friends, swatting mosquitoes, and enjoying some down time. We were there for just under two weeks and somehow I didn't managed to do all that I wanted or see everyone that I wished to visit with. My trips back always fly by and on my last night there I felt quite sad at the idea that I hadn't been able to hang out with some people as much as I would have liked (and a number of you at all!).
Our first day we stopped by each of the great Grandma's homes to say hello and catch up. Somehow I don't have any pictures of them from this visit:(
After that we headed to the park to play!
The little town my parents live in have a fantastic pool so we went a couple of times. It was a great way to cool down from the heat. Of course Papa was in there like a dirty shirt!

No trip to the pool is complete without a treat. Papa brought coins for each girl to spend at the canteen.

Stopping for a brief moment to watch something. I'm sure he was off and running as soon as I snapped the picture.

We also went to the zoo during our visit. I actually dropped off my kids and went for a hair cut so I don't have any proof of their time at the zoo. I just have this picture of Malachi and Papa after our picnic.

We have family friends that we always celebrate Christmas with. We will not be out for Christmas so we decided to have Christmas in August with them. It was an awesome evening of catching up, eating delicious food and watching our ever growing families.
This picture is quite special because Amy lived in our basement suite when Jayda was a little babe. Both Amy and hubby Mark were fantastic care takers of Jayda when they lived with us. They were completely smitten with her. Move back, please?!

Andrew joined us for the second week of our visit. The two of us went away for night together for our first time since Malachi's birth. We went for a walk, out for dinner and then rented a movie in bed at the hotel. We also slept in!!!!! and had a yummy brunch before heading back to town. It was a much needed rest with each other.

After our final family supper together we thought it would be nice to get a few pictures together. Auntie Michelle and her awesome boyfriend, Jesse, wanted a pic with all the kids. I took many but this one is my favourite. It is a bit blurry but so funny.




0 Notes of love:
Post a Comment