CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 2

Our house so far....

When I was in Manitoba I had a number of people ask if I could please post some pictures of our new house. It will take a while until it feels like my style but here are a few highlights for me:

I love Jayda's white room! I decided to paint the entire room white and have just added colour through bedding, drapes and accessories. She has a big room with beautiful wood floors and a huge window....lucky girl!

I wish I could get her room in one wide shot. The pictures don't do justice to how large and roomy this room is.


My favourite picture of the two (correction, 3) of us.

I painted Malachi's room a soft blue/grey (with a dark brown accent wall). I liked the light colour so much that it ended up in the master bedroom too.

After I took this picture I realized that I didn't like how many bubbles I put up on the wall. Apparently Malachi is a decorator at heart (and he must have agreed) because the next morning every bubble anywhere near the crib was gone. I found these bubbles at Home Sense when I was pregnant with him but I held off on putting them up until now. I will be redoing them so that it doesn't look so wild.

The kitchen- obvious, I know!

This has turned out to be one of our favourite parts of the house. We never intended on buying a home with a 'playroom' but decided to convert this main floor bedroom into just that while our kids are young. The mess all stays in this room and there is a door to block it out:) Eventually I'd like to rip down the wall mouldings and paint it a cuter colour but for now I am so thrilled to contain the mess.

We have also found this to be our favourite place. Most homes in BC tend to have a staircase leading down to the backyard. This isn't a huge issue unless you want to use your backyard and you have small children. In our old home any outside play at home happened in our driveway or front yard. This backyard is fully fenced so I can be in the kitchen while the kids play their hearts out. We moved in at the beginning of summer and I can't tell you how many times Andrew and I have said to each other that this alone has made our move worth it.

The lot is long and shallow so it isn't huge but seriously awesome! I love, love, love having a flat backyard.

1 Notes of love:

Natasha said...

Thanks for the pictures! Gorgeous bedrooms! Can't wait to see more of your creativity at work throughout the house.