I had a bit of a wild night the other day and thought I needed to share the crazy story with you all. Jayda was playing outside and Malachi woke up from his nap. I left the front door open to get the crying dude and when I came out of his room there was a bird flying around my living room! Then suddenly I heard Jayda crying and screaming and she was no where in sight. So I ran out to find her, with Malachi in my arms, and picked her up to return to the house. Both kids were crying in my arms and the bird had moved its way to our back sitting room and was totally trapped. It wasn't a big bird but I wasn't thrilled at the idea of having to chase it out of the house. I put both kids into the baby room closed the door and tried to help it out....no luck! At this point both kids are really screaming, Jayda is terrified and there is still a bird flying around the house...did I mention supper was also on the go:) Luckily the bird flew between the window and our wood blinds so I closed the blinds and decided that bird would have to wait an hour until Andrew got home. It did. Andrew managed to release the bird back outside without killing it, even though these were not his intentions:) No damage was done, just a lot of poop and feathers to clean up. At the end of the night we just laughed and agreed that life with kids can sometimes be a totally gong show.
Saturday, May 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 Notes of love:
wow Kristin...that's an afternoon for the ages! Hoping you're doing well...and looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
Wow what an adventureous afternoon. I hope the kids finally both calmed down and supper was not burned. That would be what would have happened at my house lol. Hope to see you all when you come out!! Travel safely and God Bless you as you are a very busy family:)
I have to say that has happened to me as well, just minus the 2 kids at the time. And maybe it was me doing the screaming!
Post a Comment