CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 24

Coincidence?!

I just found out that I tested positive for Group B Strep this pregnancy.  I am kinda bummed because that means I need to have an antibiotic drip when active labour begins.  And then have another dose four hours later, if I haven't delivered by then.  I tested positive with Malachi but chose not to do the antibiotics but have decided this time to do it if there is time.  Since I'll be having a home birth I needed to pick up the penicillin vial at the pharmacy and will have the midwife mix it up and administer it as soon as she arrives.  I heard an interesting thing this morning and thought I had to put it on the blog to see what the rest of you have experienced.

Did you test positive for GBS?
Did you have a son?

I have no idea if there are any medical links to testing positive and having a boy but one of my friends is now convinced that I must be having a boy because I was positive with Malachi and now this one.  I'd love for you to leave a comment if you have any experience with this.  Just for curiosity sake it would be very interesting to see if others of you have also tested positive and what gender your baby turned out to be.

7 Notes of love:

tk said...

yep, and had a boy. My friend did as well. That is an interesting thought. Maybe I should just wait to have the test done instead of paying money for find out what we are having :)

Leanne Olfert said...

Tested positive and had a boy, too! Interesting....never heard of the corellation before!

tan said...

I also tested positive and had a boy!! I had to stay in the hospital for 2 days to get all the antibiotics because our baby boy came so fast(1.5 hours of labor!). Now, I'm very interested to hear what gender of baby you have:)

tan said...

Oh, I forgot to add that we had 2 girls first and I tested negative with both of them and then positive with our three child, our boy! I think you might be right...

PamKlip said...

Sorry to ruin the theory, but I tested positve and had a girl.

Kristin, you are looking fabulous. Pregnancy suits you! And your kids are the cutest things!!

acochran said...

Tested positive both times and I have two boys!

Natasha said...

Nope! You're still having a girl! I tested positive and had a girl.