CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 25

The Project- Start to Finish

I have finally gone through all of my design project pictures and have some before and afters for you to look at.  It is always fun to see a house go from concrete and drywall to beautiful tile, paint and lighting.  Even more fun to see all my hard work and time come to fruition. 

Master Ensuite Before

After

The first accent tile that we chose for the shower had to be ripped out due to a few problems so this was choice number 2.  Soldier stacked gorgeous 1 x 4 marble tile

The rest of the shower walls are a 12 x 18 tile that has lines that resemble linen.  We loved the tile so much that the ensuite floors are also this tile.  The shower floor is the same tile but in a 2 x 2 size. 

A smaller version of the marble tile was added as backsplash for the double sink wall mount faucets.  The countertops are quartz and the colour has a soft grain running throughout to resemble marble.  

 You can't see how amazing the cabinetry knobs are in this picture.  They are a cracked glass large knob that glisten and sparkle like the fresh airy bathroom.

Free standing soaker tub with gorgeous bubble chandelier above.  The niche will have glass shelves to hold towels and accents. 

This flooring was put in the guest master bathroom upstairs.  It was probably one of my favourite tiles that we chose for the house.  The lights weren't installed when I took this pic so its a bit dark.

Front entry way in progress

Stunning After
The entrance has 20' ceilings when you walk in it just doesn't show up great in my picture.  The room to the right is also full height ceilings.  As you walk up the stairs both sides are open to huge picture windows and a fantastic view of the first floors layout.

Dining Room Before

After

Here is a close up of the gorgeous shimmery wallpaper.  I forgot to rotate this picture so you are looking at it sideways and the lighting isn't great on the closeup.  

 Fireplace in progress

 After
Ended up going with a large scale tile for the entire fireplace.  It gives it that really clean, modern look with the big chunky mantel.

Most of the home is light and airy but a few accent walls were added for contrast.  The upstairs games room is a darker charcoal.

Games Room Bar 

Split Bathroom

Main Floor Powder Room

This is the entrance from the upstairs.  Super funky chandelier with glass bubbles and floating drum shades.

Another favourite chandelier.  This is in the Master Bedroom.  The lighting may have been my favourite aspect of the job!

Kitchen Before

Kitchen After

Words can not express how pleased I am with this room.  This took a lot of time to plan, redraw and select finishes for but I think it is absolutely stunning.  I love how fresh it feels.  We added glass upper doors, open shelving for display, a funky apron for the large island, a custom hood fan, and furniture style mouldings for the kick.  I love the wall mount faucet above the range for filling large pots (stole that idea from a house in Phoenix!) and endless storage for all a womens kitchen desires.


The job is done!  I look forward to the future and hope that one day I will be able to do this on a larger scale more consistently.  It spurred a lot of creativity and excitement in me and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be part of this build.

4 Notes of love:

rachelandgrant said...

Oh my goodness! Just gorgeous Kristin! Fantastic work :)

tk said...

I'm in love with all the lighting!! Great job.

Grandma Linda said...

Project looks fabulous Kristin-I would love to hire you for our next home.

Natasha said...

It is beautiful. I would have to agree, the lighting is amazing! And, I'm not usually very attracted to white kitchens, but this one is beautiful! Great job, Kristin! You are very talented.