CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 25

Gripped

There is one internet related thing that I have been taking time for these past few weeks. On December 28th, a family from our church was in a terrible accident. The dad/husband was pronounced dead at the scene, all four children were seriously injured and airlifted to hospital, and their mom has had the courage to start a blog and write about the past months ordeal. She is so poetic and thought provoking in her writing that I have been glued to each post that she writes. Usually my reading ends in tears, prayers to the family and absolute thankfulness for each day that I get with my beloved husband and children. I have been completely inspired and challenged each day by Gillian's blog entries, and feel so guilty to even use the word 'inspired' when it is coming out of someone's else's utter grief and tragedy. My intent on sharing her blog address with you is to remind you to take a minute today to thank God for whatever you feel thankful for. Be reminded of His ultimate purpose in our lives and seek out His voice in every situation you come upon. Start reading from the very beginning of her blog so that you can get the full grasp of her heart and how she is being carried through this unthinkable tragedy.


www.gillianb-journeying.blogspot.com

1 Notes of love:

Natasha said...

Thanks for sharing this. I read it all this evening and cried through most of it, and yet somehow, it is so encouraging and an awesome reminder of how much I love my husband and that I need to show that love to him more often.