CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 29

Crustless Quiche

This recipe is so tasty, easy to make and reheats well the next day. I think I'm going to make it for myself this Christmas in place of wife saver (to avoid the major belly ache that comes later from all the bread!). You can do so many variations with it to make it taste different each time.


The below recipe is for a pie dish but I would double it and put it in a 9x13.

Preheat oven to 375℉.

Mix together the following:
6 eggs
2 cups cottage cheese
1/4 cup melted butter
2 Tbsp flour (I used gluten free mix)
1 cup grated cheese

You can add whatever you like to it. Just use the above as your base guideline and then add from there. I added a bit of salt and pepper to my base to please Andrew's taste buds. Here are a few ideas:

-Chorizo sausage, red pepper and green onion with an aged cheddar
-Ham, green onion and swiss cheese w/ a dash of cayenne
-Broccoli, peppers, onion and bacon

Bake for 35 minutes or until centre has set. Either give it a little jiggle to see if the middle has set or pierce with a knife to see if it comes out clean.


0 Notes of love: