CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 22

Adventure Land

We have discovered a creek by our house that is unbelievable. If you go past the playground and all the soccer fields it takes you down to paths and bridges that all meander past a trickling creek. Under a green canopy of giant trees there is a great space for kids to play, create and go on adventures. This has turned in to our new favourite place to spend outdoors. We all come home wet, cold and completely re-energized. There is something about being outside (especially in the crisp fall air) that brings out life in me. We climb, collect 'treasures', throw rocks, swing sticks, fill our boots with water and laugh and giggle the whole way through.


Just to give you an idea of how big these trees really are. You'll notice tiny Jayda to the left of the tree.

I think Malachi would have been happy to throw rocks for hours. He got completely soaked!



It is such a cool landscape with all the roots. I love seeing nature in its raw state.


Caught jumping mid air.


Notice the little grin on Malachi's face. He was loving it:)








This is a small example of how 'boy' Malachi is becoming. Give him something dangerous and his is thrilled.


It is a good thing I brought along warm layers because both kids were totally soaked. We had to do a quick change before walking home.

2 Notes of love:

rachelandgrant said...

WoW, that looks like fun! I'd love to join you next fall, when Nolan can walk.

Natasha said...

Looks amazing, can't wait to see it. I also need to see you in your new house. Every story that mom and dad told about their stay or any thing you write on your blog without a picture,I still picture it happening in your old house. Hope the new owners don't mind.

Jeremy