CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 23

I Choose...so can you!

I bought a book today that has been recommended to me by a number of different friends over the years. I just started reading it this afternoon and it has already knocked my socks off! In fact, the first chapter left me in tears thanking God for the privilege I have to raise two of His children. I feel like I lose my patience and think of myself so many times throughout the day and forget just how 'lucky' I am to have these lovely kids to call my own. Here is one quote that was a very good reminder for me:

It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather...I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides weather a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.

This is so true in all areas of life. Whether you are a parent or not, our attitude and outlook on the day can completely dictate how others will response to us. Today I choose to bring joy, laughter and life to my children. Today I choose to listen to what they have to say and remember that they have thoughts and opinions as much as I do.

For those of you looking for a fantastic parenting book check out "kids are worth it! - raising resilient, responsible, compassionate kids" by Barbara Coloroso

0 Notes of love: