CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 6

"Glowing Hearts!"

This evening Andrew and I were invited to a small event put on at our local RBC. Andrew refers business to them and vice versa so we made the invite list! It was quite the night.

The Olympic Torch will be making its way through our city tomorrow and it arrived early. We are holding the actual torch (in the picture below) that has gone through the country.

As the Olympics draws closer, excitement builds and athletes are spotted throughout Abbotsford I can't help but feel extreme pride as a Canadian. I am not a huge patriotic person but I truly have felt my heart 'glowing' as the games near. On Friday Jayda had swimming lessons and the Russian figure skaters were practicing at the same complex that we were at. We also got a peek at a few Japanese athletes. It is all beginning to feel very real and I'm realizing what an incredible opportunity we have to host such an event.

For those of you who have no interest....hello?! give your head a shake. If you live in Abby come out and cheer on the torch bearers tomorrow, watch the Russians practice on our home ice, take a trip into Vancouver and enjoy the free venues and overall just take in this incredible chance of a lifetime!


1 Notes of love:

Marlena said...

I have to admitt that my heart wasn't "glowing" at the fact that the Olympics would take up 2 weeks of my favorite TV shows. However, I also have to admit that I watched them everyday all day, screaming and cheering at the TV. Now I'm disappointed they're over!!