CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 28

Big Start

We have had an activity filled start to our year. As Jayda gets older she has the opportunity to get involved in a variety of things. This January along with turning three she has also tried figure skating, started 3-4 year old ballet and swimming lessons.

For ballet I drop her off for an hour and am not allowed to watch the lesson. It felt very weird the first time and I was probably just as giddy, if not more! It is fun to watch her grow, interact and develop relationships with the other girls in the class. As I saw her being welcomed into the existing class(they all started in September) I was in awe of how much I long to be like those girls. They didn't care about money, class, fashion, appearance, etc. but just wanted Jayda to join them in their game of ring around the rosie. Why, as adults, can't we approach new people with this openness? I often find my thoughts become judgmental and want to use these little girls as a model for how to be a better person. All this from ballet!

First class....a touch nervous!

Is she not the cutest little ballerina?!

I figure skated for twelve years of my life and was very proud of Jayda and her love for the ice. The skates were very hard to skate in but she didn't want to leave the ice.



I don't have pictures of swimming yet because Malachi and I ended up in the pool for the first lesson and the second lesson I didn't bring my camera. I will be sure to take some pics tomorrow to share more of what she is up to. Lets just say she is a lot like her mother and would love to just sit and tan BESIDE the pool without ever going in to the 'cold' water. Yes, I am a priss!

Along with all of these activities Malachi has been busy cutting his top two chompers. He had to work very hard at getting these teeth out and we have had MANY sleepless nights. I think we are through the tough part as he had a decent night last night. He only woke up three times:) This is a vast improvement from the hourly show he was pulling for the past two months.

I have been cooking up a storm this January and have many new recipes to post. I will have to narrow it down and pick one or two to share with you. For those of you who love cookbooks you really should buy 'Bravo- Best of Bridge'. I got it for Christmas from a friend and have seen it at Costco. Every recipe I have tried from there has been awesome. Those recipes to come...

2 Notes of love:

tan said...

You don't know me and I can't even remember how I found your blog, but I always enjoy your updates! I have little kids also and feel free to check out my blog if you want too(jeffandtan.blogspot.com)
My email is vogts5@shaw.ca
Thanks!
Tanya

Natasha said...

Jayda, you are such a pretty ballerina. It looks like you are having so much fun in life!