CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 6

Not so different after all

I have been eating gluten free for about a year and a half. I can cheat without really harsh symptoms but living with stomach aches just isn't worth the yummy food. For the first six months I tried baking gluten free but almost everything flopped or tasted disgusting. A few months ago I came across a flour blend recipe that can be used in place of regular flour. I take all my old favourite recipes and just use my flour blend instead. I have made brownies, cookies, lemon squares and muffins and haven't even been able to tell that something different was used. I thought I should share it with any of you who are in the same boat. Now you can enjoy all your regular food without having to give anything up!


2 cups brown rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca starch

Sift together and store. When you take out 1 cup add 1 tsp xanthan gum to it.

3 Notes of love:

Grandma Linda said...

This is absolutely great - I often wanted to bake something for you (and others), but was intimidated.

Annika Marie said...

have you checked out www.mennonitegirlscancook.com

there are some great gluten free recipes there as well!

Darlene

Katelyn said...

Hey Kristin. Jeanine is also baking with no gluten and has a great blog. Check out www.thebakingbeauties.blogspot.com you might get some great ideas, she is an awesome cook.
Oh and thanks for all the updates keep them coming we LOVE them.
Have a great day:)