CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28

Birthday bliss

I don't have a lot of time to write out the details and story of the labour/birth. However, I thought a few might hold you over until that time. Friday was my(Kristin's) 27th birthday. I went into early labour bright and early that morning and wondered if I might be sharing my birth date with one of our babes. The action didn't really start until later that evening...during a date with Andrew! By 11:00pm my midwife was at our house getting all her gear setup for the nearing delivery. At 3:50am on Saturday, April 25th we were blessed with little Malachi Chase. Weighing 7lbs. 15oz and measuring 20" in length. He let out a nice cry right away and snuggled with me while I birthed the placenta and got stitched up. The midwife stuck around for a few hours while we got settled and then left us to call family and catch some sleep before the big sisters arrival. Andrew picked Jayda up from grandma and gradpa's mid morning and brought her to meet the long awaited ' baby'. It has taken a few days for her to settle down and caress instead of squeeze but the progress has been incredible. Thank you for all your prayers, emails and encouragement. Raising a child really does take a village so it is amazing to have all of your support as we introduce another child into this world. Bless you!

4 Notes of love:

Annika Marie said...

I was so happy to see pictures and hear just a bit!! (I've checked about 10 times in the last few days!!)

So glad everything went alright, and Malachi has arrived safely!! Let the fun begin!!!

Praying for you guys!

Dar (and the rest of the fam!)

bmail said...

YAY Andrew and Kristin!! Congratulations on another beautiful baby. Looks like he has daddy's eyes. God bless you in the recovery and adjustments. And a big happy birthday to you, Kristin :)

Lots of love,
April and Ken

Natasha said...

I never had a chance to say Happy Birthday on your day as I knew you were on a date when I was at home. Must have been quite the date as you laboured through it! Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you and the baby are healthy. How's the bum this time? :)

tk said...

Congratulations to your whole family! We are so happy for you guys and wish you all the best as everyone gets adjusted to the new little man!!