CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 18

Food

I've never been one to rush the start of solids on my babies.  I guess it feels like the beginning of the end for breast feeding and it's my small way to control the weaning process.  Jayda, however, couldn't wait for Ebony to start solids.  After days of asking I finally pulled out the portable high chair and set out to give Ebz her first encounter with food.  Obviously J was in charge of spooning and I got to sit back and watch it all unfold (and subtly parent from behind!).  It was so cute to listen to Jayda encourage and mother Ebony as she took her first bites.  Sometimes she didn't quite understand why everything she put into E's mouth kept coming out but she tried to be patient and help her along.




Chunks of harder food actually went over better. 


We are now three weeks in and the eating is going pretty good.  Ebony definitely prefers a thicker consistency or chunks of apple or cucumber.  Prunes have been a favourite so they get added to all sorts. She has also tried squash, carrots, apple sauce and rice cereal.  As you can see by the grin, she is pretty thrilled about the addition of food.  She gets whiny when she knows I should be feeding her solids.  Keeping me on a schedule:)

0 Notes of love: