Here is the second half of Christmas. We flew out on the 19th and enjoyed the week leading up to Christmas in mild Manitoba.....no seriously! The kids were hoping for heaps of snow (and adults were expecting fridged temps) but neither were the case. There was a small sprinkling of snow when we arrived which the kids immediately had to play in. One small patch of snow was our kids thrill....while all the Manitoba kids thought it was super lame. I was pleasantly surprised that jackets barely needed to be buttoned and fashion didn't have to be completely disregarded:)
Snow was found. Sticks were created into swords and all was right in Malachi's world.
Even Ebony wanted in on the action. Not surprisingly straight to the mouth.
Small snow castles were created with tiny piles of fluff and twigs. Love the imagination.
We managed to make it to two Christmas Eve services. The first was a short stop to watch cousins Kennedy and India sing at the church program. Then we loaded up and headed over to the Grandparents church for an amazing play.
As is tradition, we headed over to my Grandmothers afterwards for yummy food and sweet treats. The kids allowed me to dress them up all cute for one night. Having me pick out an outfit pretty much goes against Jayda's grain but she liked my choice this time and thought she'd give in:) Malachi was very excited to wear a "tied".
Even Ebony was all gussied up (thanks to a cute gift from Auntie Abbie).
Another Loewen tradition is getting jammies on Christmas Eve. They sat all nice, excited to receive their new pjs.
Not quite sure what to do...
..but now realizing this is fun!
The family has doubled in size in just under 5 years. So there was quite the heap of gifts to be opened.
Theme of the age- everything in the mouth.
If you're ever looking for Papa just look for the kids!
I think I caught Uncle Jer zoned out. I know he was more excited to play than the picture shows:)
Is there anything better then a nap on Christmas day?
My Grandma's didn't want me to take any pictures with them but I said no way. I want memories of the kids with their Great Grandmas. Hard to believe this first Grandma broke her hip just months ago and turned 90 in November. She is one tough cookie!
Do you find yourself smiling when you look into these happy eyes? I do!
Some movie down time for everyone.
Getting snuggles with cousin Sienna. She is just months away from being a big sister!
While we were away Ebony decided she would learn to crawl. She mostly pulls herself along the ground with her hands and arm strength but now also pulls her knees up or gets in a push up position to rock about the floor.
One last cuddle before we said goodbye at the airport. I love the look these two have for each other.
That's right, he says, "Uncle Awesome".



0 Notes of love:
Post a Comment