CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 16

Grown Up

In the past week Jayda has decided to be my little helper.  If you know her at all you know that decided is the right word.  I've mentioned it before but she is our free bird who has to be the one to make her mind up on her own.  You won't be the boss of her!  Which I actually really really love.

I can slightly mentioned that I need something thrown away, cleaned up or found and Jayda is on the job.  She even wiped Malachi's bum for me the other day while I was putting Ebony to sleep.  I had no idea until I came out of the room and they both told me that Jayda had assisted in getting Malachi to the potty and then cleaned him up.

Then the other night the kids were playing dominoes and this is what I over heard Jayda saying to Malachi while I was making dinner:  (....he just crashed his dominoes in frustration.)

"Do you want help with your tower?  That's not the way to communicate by wrecking it.  I can help you.  Do you want yours to be beautiful like mine?"

I was standing there asking myself who this little four year old was.  Helping out and talking so grown up.  It may sound cliche but it really does feel like I just had her and now she is such a big girl.  It is so fun seeing kids grow, develop and turn into the little ones they are to become.

0 Notes of love: