This past Friday was a great day for the kids. Jayda has turned an age where she seems to always need some sort of entertainment or stimulation. It has been hard to keep her busy with all the rain we've been getting. I've started to feel a bit like a clown entertaining my little ones:) So Friday was the perfect day. We started the morning off with our weekly Moms Group that we host at our home. We had a quick lunch and then Jayda went off to our neighbours to play during Malachi's nap. Then I picked her up from there to go to the zoo as a family. And following that we had dinner with friends and hung out well after bedtime. Of course Saturday seemed like a total bore to Jayda but we had a fabulous fun filled Friday. Here are some pictures from our first visit to the zoo in 2011.
Unfortunately the final train ride of the day was sold out so I tried to make it seem fun that we got to wave to them going by. Ok, Jayda is four and pretty smart so she wasn't fooled;) She knew it would be way cooler to be ON the train than waving to the train.
When Andrew is around I may as well be invisible. Malachi has formed such a tight bond with Andrew that if I come close he just says, "No Mommy!".
These two had fun roaming the zoo by foot. I had the stroller along just in case people got tired (and to hold all our snacks) but they did pretty good walking most of the zoo.
The zoo is as much of a nature walk as it is to see the animals. Jayda wanted to climb anything that we passed by that was even slightly elevated off the ground.
Somehow finding and collecting sticks was just as good as seeing giraffes and zebras.
I don't think the weather was quite nice enough to be wearing a short sleeved shirt but Andrew was in the mood for summer and totally embracing the sunshine. I guess I was the only cold one of the group. Both kids were lightly dressed as well.



1 Notes of love:
I can't believe you are already going to the zoo in 2011. I want summer!!!
Post a Comment