...my mood this morning, that is! Yes, today I woke up in a foul mood. It all started with being woken up almost hourly last night (and many, many nights before that!). I pulled myself out of bed because Jayda was being extremely quiet and I sensed she was getting into trouble. Sure enough she had pillaged through the pantry and had scrounged up some Premium Plus crackers and was making a crumbly mess in her bed. Before I could deal with her I needed to clean a huge poop diaper before it started oozing out. Upon returning to Jayda's room I saw her sitting in bed with a dripping box of something....turns out she opened a can of sardines, yes I said sardines, and had spilled most of the juicy contents in her bed. So Malachi's bum was no longer stinky but her room was nasty. I rolled up her bedding, brought it down to the laundry room and was greeted back upstairs by a suddenly sweet two year old asking if now was a good time for treats! All before 8am:) I caught myself go into pity mode but quickly snapped out of it realizing in the grand scheme of things mornings like this are quite funny. It always just feels big in the moment but instead of losing it I decided to laugh and clean up the fish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 Notes of love:
Ah, I remember those days...enjoy these ones, because really, when they get older...they're just not as cute when they do stupid things ;o)
Dar
Sorry Kristin...but that is so nasty it is hilarious!!! It would make for a great mini movie "A Day in the Life of a MOM".
Wow! Good for you Kristen!
I have to say that I know EXACTLY how you feel. A little while a go Keira loved getting up in the middle of the night and 'playing' in the bathroom. Whether it was with her bath toys, soap, or the tube of cream that I had forgotten to clean up because I didn't think she could reach it. She would then go in to her room and play with it there with all the lights on, then go to sleep when she was done. Not turning off the lights.
It took some time to break this but we did, but as for the "foul", I know, I really do know.
Post a Comment