CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 5

These knees where made for climbin'

This week has been a week of new tricks. Jayda is a belly scoocher so she has not found a use for her knees. I was beginning to wonder if she might not use them to help her get mobile. As you can see in the video that thought is no longer relevant. Every day has brought with it more movement and mobility. Thursday morning, Jayda discovered that she could pull herself from her belly to a standing position using a stair. By the afternoon she was pulling herself up two stairs- without me seeing any of it! I was in the kitchen and saw that she was standing and a few seconds later I could hear her scooching along the hardwood floor. On Friday she could already make it up an entire flight of stairs and mastered crawling up and down the two stairs between our living and dining room. Last night before bed, I found Jayda standing in her crib waiting for me to get her. I know that many kids her age can do this task already but I was quite surprised and felt a real sense that we are going into a very new stage of life. She already has the ability to make quite a mess and fly around the house so I can only image what the future has in store.

1 Notes of love:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a ton of progress in only a few days! I'm excited to see her new moves. Let's figure something out one morning this week.